Thursday, October 16, 2008

Dhaka, taka, and the maze

I arrived to Dhaka four days ago- safe and sound with all my bags too. My first day consisted of meeting the rest of the new in-coming volunteers, getting lost at night tying to find my apartment (quite funny and at the same time not), and partaking of the VSO Bangladesh training course.

How can I begin to explain Dhaka? The maze of my neighborhood, and the entire city for that matter, is not for the uninhibited or shy. The good thing is that the locals are beyond willing to help give directions when I walk up to them with the blank look of a lost sheep.

I would like to write more but I am still a bit turned around from my twenty hour journey. That, and well, I just arrived and am barely able to take it all in let alone write it down. More later I promise.

No comments: