Monday, March 2, 2009

Home again, home again, jiggity-jig

I'm drinking freshly pressed apple cider. It's snowing outside. By this evening we're supposed to get 8-12 of snow. The radio was just playing Neil Young's Sugar Mountain. I'm home... in the sense that I am living in a rented apartment back in my beloved New England. More specifically I'm in Maine which I have long considered my second home.

It's snowing outside. The radio just switched tunes to someone I don't know but keeps my interest as I write. I've been back from Dhaka almost a month now. A month of flights, packing, unpacking, packing again and finally unpacking one last time (till I have move again).

There have been a few interesting things going on in Bangladesh since I left. Most recently a rebellion took place within the capita, Dhaka, leaving some 140 officers dead. The stand-off between the countries Bangladesh Rifles (BDR)- boarder guards, over pay and command structure lasted for two days. Some 1,000 suspected BDR attackers are currently being tracked down. To read more about this fluid situation please see: Bangladesh Manhunt for Mutineers .

It's difficult to get an accurate sense of what it is actually like to be in Dhaka now. I hope to find out more and if I do will post what I find in next weeks posting.

No comments: